Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a debilitating disorder characterized by intense fatigue that can dramatically diminish your quality of life and cannot be cured by sleep. According to the Mayo Clinic, there are many contributing factors to the onset of this conditions such as viral infections, immune system problems, and psychological stress. However, there is no single test to determine that you have this condition. Often, the individual may need to go through a process of ruling out many other illnesses before Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is the conclusion.
Significantly, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is classed as a syndrome and not a disease. This is because it is defined more by symptoms than by any known underlying cause. A disease can be defined as a health condition that has a clearly defined reason behind it. A syndrome, however, may produce a number of symptoms without an identifiable cause.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a controversial diagnosis. It has no identifiable cause because it is a complex systemic condition. That is the same reason why it may be so well-suited to being addressed through the Super Life Formula, which is a holistic health path.
Typical symptoms of CFS include extreme fatigue, loss of memory or concentration, sore throat, enlarged lymph nodes in your neck or armpits, unexplained muscle and joint pain, headache, unrefreshing sleep and extreme exhaustion lasting more than 24 hours after physical and mental exercise.
A close relation to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is Adrenal Fatigue. Adrenal Fatigue occurs when the energy stores of your adrenal glands, the glands that give you “get up and go”, are so depleted that they cannot be replenished without an enormous amount of rest. There are also fabulous natural supplements for adrenal support, including Metagenic Adrenotone. Ask your naturopath.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Researchers speculate that viruses, hypertension, immune impairment, and hormonal problems could all be contributing factors to CFS. In all these cases, eliminating unhealthy foods and upgrading the nutritional content in your diet, optimizing your gut microbiome, and taking control of your emotional and spiritual self will have an immense impact on the body’s ability to heal itself through strengthening the immune system and supporting the endocrine system (which controls hormonal activity) to return to homeostasis (balance). These components are of course at the core of the Super Life Formula.
Viruses take hold when the immune system is out of whack, so the immune system must be addressed. Immunity is optimized by rebuilding the exhausted organs, body and microbiome through rest, meditation, yoga, herbs and top quality nutrition. This is found in Super Food and Super Gut.
Hypertension plays havoc on the entire biological and endocrine system, so exhaustion and emotional issues must be addressed. The solution to hypertension is again rest, replenishing the body with herbs and proper nutrition, but also quite importantly, emotional transformation. This is covered in Super Emotions.
Hormonal problems stem from dysregulation of the endocrine system, so this needs to be optimized. Again, nutrition and re-mineralization play a key factor. Certain supplements like BioSuperfood are specifically designed to provide broad-spectrum nutrition for the purpose of reprogramming the hypothalamus, which is the “central computer” of the endocrine system.
Other natural support remedies for beating Chronic Fatigue include the following, which is sourced from Natural News:
1) Vitamin B12 and B complex vitamins: B vitamins play a critical role in beating chronic fatigue because the body uses them to metabolize energy. And since many people today suffer from B vitamin deficiency anemia, supplementing with B-complex vitamins, and vitamin B12 in particular can make all the difference in alleviating tiredness and sustaining high energy levels. (See reference here.)
2) Trace minerals and concentrated mineral drops: Mineral deficiency is another common cause of chronic fatigue, as a mineral-deficient body lacks the ability to effectively regenerate cells and produce adequate energy. This is why regularly consuming the full spectrum of ionic trace minerals, which includes nutrients like magnesium, chromium, iron, and zinc, is vitally important for treating chronic fatigue.
3) Bee Pollen: Considered by many to be the “perfect food,” as it has a unique balance of beneficial enzymes, protein, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals, bee pollen is another excellent option for those who struggle with chronic fatigue. The synchronistic effect of bee pollen’s multitude of nutrients can help alleviate both physical and intellectual tiredness, and provide lasting energy throughout the day. (See reference here.)
4) Maca. Used medicinally for thousands of years, particularly in South America where it grows abundantly at high elevations, maca is another powerful “superfood” that normalizes hormones and boosts energy levels. Because it helps balance a variety of systems throughout the body, maca is quickly becoming a go-to treatment for many people trying to cure their chronic fatigue symptoms. (See reference here.)
Since maca is naturally rich in both B-complex vitamins and trace minerals, it is no surprise that it helps boost energy levels. But even more than this, maca contains unique substances that stimulate the pituitary and hypothalamus glands, which in turn benefit the adrenal and thyroid glands. The proper functioning of these important glands, of course, is absolutely vital for maintaining healthy and optimal energy levels.
5) Liposomal vitamin C. Vitamin C is another powerful energizing nutrient with amazing potential to eradicate chronic fatigue systems. But typical oral supplementation with ascorbic acid and other common forms of vitamin C can provide only limited benefits as only a small amount of the vitamin C ends up being absorbed into the body while the rest is eliminated.
But supplementing with liposomal vitamin C, which some say is the equivalent of getting high-dose intravenous vitamin C injections, can help significantly boost energy levels by encapsulating vitamin C in protective lipid layers and delivering it directly into the bloodstream (See reference here). Not only is liposomal C extremely inexpensive, but it is also very easy to make at home. (See here.)
6) Iodine. A continuous onslaught of ionizing radiation and fluoride chemicals, combined with a lack of iodine-rich foods in the diet, has left many modern people grossly deficient in necessary iodine. And it is iodine deficiency that causes many of them to feel sluggish, perpetually tired, and devoid of energy.
This accumulation of fluoride, radiation, bromide, and other iodine-replacing chemicals in the body can severely disrupt glandular function, which in turn causes imbalanced hormones, poor circulation, low body temperature, and other problems linked to chronic fatigue. But daily supplementation with a high-quality iodine supplement such as Lugol’s or Nascent can help balance the endocrine system and propel the body towards homeostasis, which in turn can alleviate the symptoms associated with chronic fatigue.
For another brilliant article on naturally healing Chronic and Adrenal Fatigue, click here.
Peace, Love, Health
Read more about General Health Disorders on SuperfoodSam
The information included on this page is for educational purposes only, and is based on the author’s own personal journey and experiences. It is not intended, or implied, to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease or illness. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice. The reader should always consult his or her healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for their own situation, or if they have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan. Reading the information in this blog or website does not create a physician-patient relationship.
GAPS™ AND GUT AND PSYCHOLOGY SYNDROME™ ARE THE TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT OF DR. NATASHA CAMPBELL-MCBRIDE. THE RIGHT OF DR. NATASHA CAMPBELL-MCBRIDE TO BE IDENTIFIED AS THE AUTHOR OF THIS WORK HAS BEEN ASSERTED BY HER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COPYRIGHT, PATENT AND DESIGNS ACT 1988 OR ANY OTHER LAW.