Travel is an important part of most of our lives, whether we do it for work, pleasure, holidays or as a hobby, we are going to experience it at some point. And having an understanding of travel essentials is important!
As much as travel can broaden our minds, help us to grow as individuals and expand our view of the world, the truth is that airplanes, airports, trains, time zones, and cultural difference can be incredibly exciting, but also very taxing on our health.
Only recently have I succumbed to the ‘travel bug’ – I have it bad! I was recently on a plane back from Portugal and was already brainstorming my next trip!
“A good traveller has no fixed plans and no intent on arriving” ~ unknown
If there is one thing that everyone should do in their lives, even if it is once, it is to travel solo. I have just done that and it has taught me so much! You achieve independence, empowerment and trust in your intuition and yourself.
I also enjoyed having time to think for myself which gave me a lot of ‘penny drop’ moments.
So I can continue my new found love of travel and witnessing this incredible planet we live on. My passion for food has fuelled me into creating the possibility that we can all stay healthy while travelling if we allow some research, preparation and planning.
If you are healthy on your holiday, it will exceed your expectations! So I have put together a few of my own tips and tricks of what do for your next vacay!
SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT WHEN YOU ARE TRAVELLING:
– MAKE YOUR OWN FOOD – you can take food on a plane and a lot of people do not realize this. If you’re like me, and are not to keen on pre-cooked airplane food or you are healing your life, this one is a biggy. For my recent trip to Portugal, I packed three salads of raw zucchini pesto pasta and sauerkraut as well as, bliss balls, strawberries, and an apple.
– TEA BAGS – Always have them!
– IMMUNE SUPPORT – A bottle of Eucalyptus Essential Oil (make sure it is Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) for a natural hand sanitizer. You only need one drop!
– DETOXING RADIATION – Chlorella, Spirulina, green superfood powders like BioSuperfood
– SLEEP – lavender essential oil for your temples and wrists and an eye mask
– SKIN – a good organic moisturizer so your skin does not dry out on the plane
– ESSENTIAL FATS – fermented cod liver oil
– WATER – I always take a water bottle so I can fill it up on the plane and then drink bottled or filtered water at my destination.
– DO YOUR RESEARCH – before you leave work out some good healthy eating cafes and restaurants as well as health food shops and farmers markets. I love to immerse myself in other countries food culture.
I would love to hear from YOU! – how do you stay healthy while travelling?
Peace, Love, Health
Read more about my Adventures on SuperFoodSam.com!
DISCLAIMER: The information included on this page is for educational purposes only, and is based on the author’s own personal journey and experiences. It is not intended, or implied, to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease or illness. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice. The reader should always consult his or her healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for their own situation, or if they have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan. Reading the information in this blog or website does not create a physician-patient relationship.
GAPS™ AND GUT AND PSYCHOLOGY SYNDROME™ ARE THE TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT OF DR. NATASHA CAMPBELL-MCBRIDE. THE RIGHT OF DR. NATASHA CAMPBELL-MCBRIDE TO BE IDENTIFIED AS THE AUTHOR OF THIS WORK HAS BEEN ASSERTED BY HER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COPYRIGHT, PATENT AND DESIGNS ACT 1988 OR ANY OTHER LAW.